|Renay (renay) wrote,|
@ 2010-11-09 04:11 pm UTC
|Entry tags:||books, goddammit tom hardy, school|
2. A Curious Thing About Amazon U.K.’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy 2010. Okay, I hadn't heard anything about it and then this one list kept popping up in GReader, but I mentioned it, and me and a few others talked about it on twitter, and then Philip wrote this, and actually did more research than I would have done. I would have stopped initially because I would have been on fire with rage, BUT IT'S ACTUALLY EVEN MORE INFURIATING than believed. Not that I think Best Of lists are something to pull out the rocket launcher over, not that I believe this is malice, not that I think Amazon is a credible critical resource, but they still draw in eyeballs, so come on...surely there are more women writing quality SF/F in the U.K.
3. Shakespeare exam: copier broke, he didn't have enough copies of the test, so he paired us up and had us take it together. I don't even. What? Of course, I kept arguing with the girl taking it with me, who didn't even know we had an exam so why the hell did she get to choose answers? it was my worst nightmare, and he would...he misspelled things ON PURPOSE? To see if we would catch it, but the way he did it looked like typos? And then lectured us about reading questions closely. I just don't even know, who screws up spelling as a trick question? In every way this was a horrifying experience.
4. SPEAKING OF TOM HARDY and things that make my day better. This happened and I may have exploded. His mouth. His mouth.
5. I owe e-mail and edits and I have so much OTW work still backlogged (but am slowly moving through it). I need to start preparing for my final exams and also I need a paper topic for my Shakespeare class (I really want to do it over The Tempest but have no good ideas yet, need a strike of inspiration) and, also, Spanish verbs. Also, my time away from work is winding down and I need to look for a new pair of shoes to break in before I go back. LOOK, what is this "being an adult" business. I am over it.
6. This song, shown to me by chaosraven is addicting. ._.
7. Also I restarted FFVII, because, what, I have time for that. Gameblogging, Y/N? I know what my answer should be, but man, who needs to pass classes. IT'S NOT LIKE I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A ENGLISH DEGREE, HA HA.